Chelsea make 'very big' offer for £55m-rated Juventus ace Alex Sandro

Juventus have confirmed that Chelsea made a massive offer for left-back Alex Sandro, but even the money put forward by the West London club wasn't enough to turn his head.

Reports on Saturday claimed the Premier League champions made a club-record bid of £55million for the left-back as Antonio Conte looks to bolster squad.

Former Georgia golfer Brian Harman leads US Open going into final round
Harman was at 12-under 204 and still only had a one-shot lead, with Rickie Fowler two shots behind. "Anything can happen. The guys are going to shoot low. "I'm very excited and very happy with the score", the Japanese star said.

Juve director Giuseppe Marotta did confirm a bid had been received, but refused any chance of a sale. Sandro, capped seven times by Brazil, joined Juventus from Porto in August 2015 and has since won successive Serie A and Coppa Italia titles.

"Our desire is to not sell any of our most important players", Marotta said, as quoted on Sky Sports. "But if Alex Sandro receives a salary offer which isn't logical for us, then..."

Russian opposition leader jailed
In another weird incident, actors playing the role of Stalin-era secret police handed over a protester to genuine police officers. Riot police in Moscow have begun detaining demonstrators in an unsanctioned opposition rally in the center of the city.

The Italian is said to be angered with Chelsea's board for their lack of urgency in signing the targets he wants and the former Juventus boss went on holiday believing the club had tied up a deal for Virgil Van Dijk, only to learn it had collapsed.

However, question marks will surely be raised over the figure involved, regardless of whether or not the 26-year-old scored three goals and provided five assists in 43 appearances in all competitions last season and was a key defensive figure too.

Game on! Conor McGregor Vs Floyd Mayweather Fight Is Confirmed
Certainly, wiggle room applies on the elbows, given Mayweather's history of creatively finding a way to back his opponent away. He will be the smaller fighter in this bout, as the two agreed to a weight closer to where McGregor competes in MMA.

He added: "I do not know how Alex Sandro reacted".

Related news