58 people presumed dead in London tower fire

58 people presumed dead in London tower fire

58 people presumed dead in London tower fire

A review of similar tower blocks could lead to a huge overhaul of a housing system that dates back to the 1960s and 1970s, when the country was in a rush to build new housing to standards that would never be used nowadays, Khan wrote.

LONDON (AP) - The new exterior cladding used in a renovation on London's Grenfell Tower may have been banned under United Kingdom building regulations, two British ministers said Sunday as police continued their criminal investigation into the inferno that killed at least 58 people.

Police say the harrowing search for remains had paused Friday because of safety concerns at the blackened tower but has resumed.

Cundy said there may have been other people in the tower that police are not aware of, which would add to the final death toll.

The 1974 concrete building had recently been fitted with new insulation cladding.

One of her closest allies, Damian Green, defended May on Saturday, adding that a team would go to the area to answer questions from residents.

Original Xbox Backward Compatibility Games Will Not Have Achievements Support
The boss of Xbox is so confident about the firm's games line up he's crowed "we don't need Halo or Gears of War to sell consoles". Indeed, the Xbox One X actually looks like a bargain compared to what you'd have to pay for a PC that has similar capabilities.

Hands cautioned Sunday that investigators still don't know exactly what cladding was used when the building renovation was completed a year ago.

Commander Cundy furthermore highlighted: "Our investigation will be wide ranging and exhaustive - it will seek to find out if any crimes have been committed and if so make sure that we do all we can to bring any person responsible to justice".

The government has promised a full public inquiry, but that has done little to a sense of frustration and anger among residents and neighbours who demand answers for how the blaze spread so quickly and trapped so numerous tower's roughly 600 residents.

A prominent British Labour Party lawmaker is calling for police and the government to seize all documents relating to the renovation of a London high-rise destroyed by a fire that killed dozens of its residents.

A firefighter directs a jet of water at a tower block severely damaged by a serious fire, in north Kensington, West London, Britain June 14, 2017. He has not provided details about the inquiry.

Speaking to journalists after attending a church service in the shadow of the burned out tower block this morning, Khan said the fire that is believed to have claimed at least 58 lives was a "preventable accident".

Rubio says best to let Russian Federation probe proceed
The White House referred to Trump's outside legal counsel when asked if the president was specifically referring to Rosenstein . Earlier this week U.S. media reported that Mr Mueller was investigating the president for possible obstruction of justice .

He said displaced residents are "angry not simply at the poor response in the days afterwards from the council and the government, but the years of neglect from the council and successive governments".

A minute's silence will be held at 11:00 am across Britain on Monday to remember the victims.

Photos released by London's Metropolitan Police show the destruction caused by last week's deadly inferno.

British Prime Minister Theresa May, facing criticism for the government's handling of the disaster, met Saturday with 15 fire survivors invited to her official residence at 10 Downing Street. She also says she will receive daily reports from the stricken neighborhood.

In addition, British health authorities will provide long-term bereavement counselling for those who lost loved ones in the tragedy. Counselors are already working with 52 families.

Devastating images of the charred interior of London's Grenfell Tower verge on "indescribable", and police say the death toll is expected to rise.

Armed jihadists attacked a luxury resort in Mali
Patrik Steiger said he had "strictly no information" about French military involvement in the incident at the Campement Kangaba. Modibo Diarra lives near the resort and witnessed the attack.

The Home Office said late Saturday night it will make arrangements for the family of Mohammad Alhajali to "travel to the U.K.in these terribly sad circumstances".

Related news