Third suspect held over London tube attack

Third suspect held over London tube attack

Third suspect held over London tube attack

Previous attacks in London this year at Westminster Bridge, London Bridge and Finsbury Park as well as a blast at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester killed dozens of people and injured more than 150.

"This continues to be a fast-moving investigation", Dean Haydon, head of counter-terrorism at London's Metropolitan Police, said in the statement.

They are also said to have stepped up their investigation into the "bucket bomb" on a London Underground train.

Islamic State militants said they were responsible for the attack although both British and US officials have cast doubt on the claim, saying there was no evidence any recognized militant group had ordered or organized the bombing. There are now two searches continuing at addresses in Hounslow and Surrey and we are getting a greater understanding of the preparation of the device."There is still much more to do but this greater clarity and this progress has led JTAC - the independent body that assess threat - to come to the judgement that an attack is no longer imminent".

Another two suspects had earlier been arrested. Dave Solway, who lives opposite Mr and Mrs Jones, said he saw the property being "swarmed" by police during Saturday's raid.

"The 25-year-old man was arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act at approximately 7.08pm at an address in Newport".

Читайте также: Trump Says Tax Plan Won't Help Wealthy as He Courts Democrats

The british police shows, this Sunday morning, have arrested a second suspect in the bombing committed in the london underground at Parsons Green, on Friday and claimed by the group jihadist islamic State.

The apparent police interest in the shed comes two days after CCTV footage recorded just outside the house was obtained by ITV.

The blast at Parsons Green tube station in the United Kingdom capital last Friday left some 30 people injured.

The two latest men to be arrested over the Parsons Green bombing lived in what was described by neighbours as a "halfway house" for asylum seekers.

The UK's terror threat level has been lowered from "critical" to "severe", Home Secretary Amber Rudd has announced. 17 Sept 2017 | teenager suspected of being the Parsons Green bomber had been spoken to by police a number of times, neighbours of his foster family claimed today, amid questions over what authorities knew.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Related news