Police nab sixth suspect in London train attack

Police nab sixth suspect in London train attack

Police nab sixth suspect in London train attack

Hassan allegedly bought parts to make the improvised explosive device online and left the carriage of the District Line train at Putney Bridge before the device partially detonated at the next station last Friday morning.

Mr Farroukh, 21, who was not named by police but whose name emerged in the media, has been freed without charge.

All six arrested remain in custody at a south London police station. But after the first two arrests, the UK's terror threat level was reduced from "critical" to "severe", suggesting that the possibility of an immediate follow-up attack from the same group had diminished.

Here are the details of the six arrests, which began the day after the attack on September 15.

Beijing Slams Trump's Exec Order On North Korea After He Praises China
Trump called the North Korean leader a "madman" on Friday, a day after Kim dubbed him a "mentally deranged U.S. dotard". China's Commerce Ministry announced that it would limit exports of refined petroleum products to North Korea.

Three men were arrested in Newport, Wales, earlier this week and a 17-year-old was held early Thursday in south London. The second, aged 48, had been arrested Wednesday in Newport, Wales. "A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack on Friday", said Dean Haydon, the Metropolitan Police's head of counter terrorism command.

"We have four males in custody and searches are continuing at four addresses".

The man was arrested at around 7pm this evening. "Detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack", the police said.

Superintendent Chris Raymer said: "We understand just how disruptive these cordons have been and would like to thank residents for their patience while our colleagues at the Met carried out their investigation".

China to ban some petroleum exports to North Korea
All have been considered indications of nuclear tests, raising tensions and prompting a fresh round of United Nations sanctions. The flight follows a week of heightened rhetoric from Washington and Pyongyang, with Trump and Kim Jong Un trading insults.

ISIS has claimed involvement in the subway bombing via its Amaq News Agency.

Police have not released the names of either of those suspects but both are believed to have been fostered by an elderly couple, Ronald and Penelope Jones, local officials told CNN on Monday.

Paula Anderson, 43, who lives next door to the property and said she was also woken up by "a lot of banging", added: "When I looked out there were lots of police officers".

ICC launches Sri Lanka investigation after Pramodya Wickramasinghe allegations
However, SLC did not say if it had launched such an inquiry. "When we lost, I was distressed and I had a doubt", Ranatunga said in July.

Related news