Boko Haram: Nigerian Army replaces commander of Operation Lafiya Dole

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army replaces commander of Operation Lafiya Dole

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army replaces commander of Operation Lafiya Dole

-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and replaced him with a new commander, Maj.

Attahiru, who took over from Major general Leo Irabor, was at different times, Director of Administration, Defence Headquarters and General Officer Commanding, GOC, 82 Division, Enugu.

The army commander leading Nigeria's military campaign against the Boko Haram insurgency in the northeast of the country has been dismissed.Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, known for his strong aversion to the militant sect was removed recently and subsequently redeployed to another section of the military based in the capital Abuja, sources in the army told APA on Thursday.

Congress passes stopgap spending bill to avert government shutdown
Democrats hope to use their leverage in the year-end budget battle to win concessions on spending, immigration and other issues. This time, the White House smoothed the waters by following up with a more peaceable, written statement.

Recall that Major General Lucky Irabor is now the Force Commander of the Multi-national Joint Taskforce fighting to clear Boko Haram, cross border bandits and other criminal elements in the Lake Chad Basin Commission countries.

At least 20,000 people have been killed and thousands more abducted since Boko Haram launched its insurgency in north-eastern Nigeria in 2009.

The dead included soldiers and an oil exploration team.

Serena Williams crowdsources breastfeeding advice on Twitter
So, it was fitting that the tennis champion took to social media to crowd source opinions from fellow moms about breastfeeding. Meanwhile, Serena looks at her daughter with a loving smile, enjoying a few rays of sunlight with her baby girl.

One such attack last month saw Boko Haram fighters briefly overrunning Magumeri, a town 50 kilometres north of Maiduguri, forcing troops to withdraw until reinforcements arrived.

Another suicide bombing was witnessed on December 2 when two teenage suicide bombers attacked Biu market killing at least 18 persons and injuring 52 others. Gen. Rogers Nicholas has been named as his replacement.

The latter is the former Commander of the special Security Task Force (operation Safe Haven) in Jos.

Iraq demands United States backtrack on Jerusalem, summons ambassador
The president admitted the move will cause dissent, but says it could help resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict. The PMF is government sanctioned and formally reports to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's office.

Until his new appointment, Nicholas was the Chief of Logistics at the Army Headquarters, Abuja.

Related news