YouTube removes Logan Paul from Google ad platform, original series

YouTube removes Logan Paul from Google ad platform, original series

YouTube removes Logan Paul from Google ad platform, original series

As much ire as Logal Paul has been generating thanks to his tasteless and offensive video venturing into Japan's "Suicide Forest" and video taping someone who had committed suicide, YouTube was getting a lot of hate, too.

Netizens recently called out Paul after he posted a video taken from Aokigahara park in Japan, which is commonly known as "Suicide Forest" among tourists. Paul had been set to star in the YouTube movie, "The Thinning: New World Order", a sequel to the company's 2016 release with Paul.

Paul was removed from Google Preferred, a premier ad service that offers brand advertisers access to top YouTube producers.

Kim Kardashian Finally Putting Paris Robbery Behind Her?: Flaunts Grills On Snapchat
This way, Kim won't have to worry about recovery time and will be "hands on from the beginning", a source told ET. She suffered from early-onset preeclampsia with North and had to deliver nearly six weeks early in 2013.

"In light of recent events, we have chose to remove Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred", reads the full statement Wednesday from a YouTube spokeswoman.

The video featured no footage from Logan's video, no images of the body (we would never do that), and, as is typical for YouTuber News, there was no swearing.

YouTube has spent the past year telling advertisers it's safe to run their ads on the world's biggest video site. That doesn't preclude him from running ads like many YouTube channels do, but likely means lower CPMs than those that Preferred creators see. Paul did not post any videos in the past week, saying he was "taking time to reflect". Since posting his apology video on his vlog, Mr. Paul has not added any other post.

Brainstorm Health: Medicaid Work Requirements, FDA and Social Media, Humana Leaves AHIP
Under the Affordable Care Act, the program has expanded in more than 30 states to cover residents with somewhat higher incomes. Most who are not working report reasons such as illness, caring for a family member or going to school.

Paul has neither uploaded new content nor addressed YouTube's decision to cut ties with him as of yet.

More than a week after one of its biggest stars stuck his racist, disgusting foot all the way into his throat, YouTube has finally issued a statement about Logan Paul and the now-infamous suicide video. Many have also pointed out that the video was, in fact, taken down voluntarily by Paul and not by YouTube. Paul would have to accrue three account strikes within three months for YouTube to terminate his account (YouTube reportedly hit Paul's account with one strike for this incident). "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views", they posted on Twitter. It issued a "strike" against Paul's channel for violating its community rules after the video was published.

YouTube acknowledged that it had taken a long time to respond, but said they had been listening to everyone's comments.

Facebook testing new feature to host city-specific local news
Eventually, the company hopes to roll it out to more locations and allow users to follow a city they don't reside in. CNET reported today that the test is now live for a new section called " Today In " across six United States cities.

More: Logan Paul suicide video: Is YouTube not safe for kids?

Related news