Manchester City avoid transfer ban after winning Benjamin Garre case

Manchester City avoid transfer ban after winning Benjamin Garre case

Manchester City avoid transfer ban after winning Benjamin Garre case

Velez then took the case to the CAS and City were facing the prospect of being banned from registering any new players for two transfer windows, similar to previous punishments given to Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Manchester City believe they have escaped a transfer ban by winning their case over the controversial signing of teenager Benjamin Garre.

The newly-crowned Premier League champions were accused of breaching rules by the player's former club Velez Sarsfield when they signed Garre from them in 2016. Benjamin Garre (standing) in action for Man City academy team.

National Weather Service Confirms Tornadoes, Recovery Underway
Three schools were damaged so severely that they won't reopen this year and their students are being relocated to other schools. The line of storms did cause minor damage across the Lowcountry and knocked out power to as many as 4,500 earlier in the day.

However, Fifa have backed City and ratified the transfer, upholding their claim that Garre was free to join the club after his 16th birthday because he holds an Italian passport.

"The appeal filed on 12 December 2016 by Club Atletico Velez Sarsfield against the decision issued on 24 August 2016 by the single judge of the sub-committee of the Federation Internationale de Football Association players' status committee (the challenged decision) is dismissed and, accordingly, the challenged decision is confirmed", a CAS statement said. A verdict due last September was delayed but now the CAS are prepared to finally deliver their verdict in the next week.

City could have been prohibited from signing players for up to two transfer windows had they lost the case. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have all been subjected to transfer bans in recent years after being found guilty of breaching rules concerning the signing of worldwide players under 18.

Nokia X to Make a Comeback on April 27 in China
So, called as Nokia X will be the Nokia Premium smartphone which is expected to launch in 2019 or by the end of the year in 2018. Last year, HMD Global had launched the Nokia 7 in China but the mid-range smartphone was not launched in the Indian market.

Guardiola is looking to add two or three more players to his squad in a bid to create what Vincent Kompany termed a "dynasty" after Manchester United's defeat by West Bromwich Albion handed City the championship on Sunday.

That said, they would have the right to a technical appeal that could further delay the process and allow Guardiola to stockpile players this summer.

Federation Internationale de Football Association ruled the deal for Garre was above board and hadn't broken the rules, despite allegations from Velez that he was approached before turning 16.

Over 3300 Android Apps on Google Play Store Are Improperly Tracking Kids
Even though Google has taken steps to enforce COPPA compliance, the researchers say they have found lack of enforcement. The team found a majority of the potential COPPA violations stemmed from lazy app-building.

Related news