Autopsy shows exploding vape pen, not fire, killed St. Pete man

Autopsy shows exploding vape pen, not fire, killed St. Pete man

Autopsy shows exploding vape pen, not fire, killed St. Pete man

An autopsy confirmed that a St. Petersburg man found dead earlier this month was killed after his vape pen exploded, burning more than 80 percent of his body. The official cause of death was "projectile wound of head" and was ruled an accident.

D'Elia, who died on May 5, also suffered burns on almost 80 percent of his body, The Tampa Bay Times reported.

An exploding electronic cigarette is being blamed for the death of a man in the United States.

Manufacturer of the vape pen was Smok-E Mountain and is was a "mod" type, said he autopsy report.

Syrian Armed Opposition Arrives in Astana for 9th Round of Talks
Previous rounds of negotiations under the auspices of the United Nations over the past five years have failed to achieve tangible results.

According to FEMA, the 38-year-old's death is the first in the U.S. to be caused by a vaping pen.

Vape pens are electronic cigarettes that produce vapor that users inhale.

"Lithium-ion batteries fail in other devices as well, but in a laptop, it's on your lap".

Gary Wilder told ABC he refuses to sell the devices, fearing they will overheat.

Volvo S60 won't offer a diesel engine
Volvo's transition away from the internal combustion engine may be starting now, but it won't happen quickly. Volvo is aiming for 50 per cent of its vehicle sales to be made up of electric models by 2025.

The Smok-E Mountain Mech Works vaping device, which is made in The Philippines, is an unregulated mechanical e-cigarette.

Though such incidents are rare, this isn't the first time a spontaneous e-cigarette explosion has raised concerns. Instead, they sell vape pens with a computer chip inside, which keeps the device from overheating.

While the exact circumstances surrounding the explosion are unknown, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises against carrying e-cig batteries loose in pockets to avoid coming in contact with coins, keys or metal objects.

In 2016, a vaping device blew up in a man's face in NY - knocking out his teeth, ripping a hole in his tongue and leaving his hands covered in burns. The representative said that it was likely an atomizer (the part a person inserts into their mouth) or a battery issue that caused the explosion.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures
Also starring Sean Harris , Wes Bentley , and Frederick Schmidt , it hits Australian cinemas on 2 August 2018 from Paramount . Knowing that none of these stunts are done using CGI makes this all the more incredible.

Related news