Tenth person rescued from Thai cave on third day of operation

Tenth person rescued from Thai cave on third day of operation

Tenth person rescued from Thai cave on third day of operation

At least nine ambulances have been waiting at the site after the leader of the rescue operation said Tuesday's aim was to bring out all five as well as a medic and three Thai Navy SEALS, who have been with the trapped boys.

By Monday night, elite divers had managed to bring out eight members of the football team which included 12 boys and their 25-year-old coach.

The final four and their coach are expected to be rescued later Tuesday after 17 nights inside the cave system.

Dr Richard Harris, 53, an anaesthetist from Adelaide, undertook the risky dive to reach the boys and their coach last Saturday, reported The Sydney Morning Herald.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha dismissed rumours on Tuesday that the boys had been drugged to facilitate the operation, saying the children had not been given anaesthetic.

The plight of the boys and their coach has drawn global attention since they became trapped when they went into the cave after soccer practice on June 23. In a drama that has received press coverage across the world, two British cave rescue specialists, workign with Thai military teams, found the 13 on a bank in a partly flooded chamber several kilometers inside the complex on Monday, last week.

Family of Thailand boat disaster victims seeks ‘justice’
Narongsak said he's not sure if the five people remaining in the cave will be extracted in one or more operations. Rescued tourists from a boat that sank are helped onto a pier on the island of Phuket , southern Thailand.

On Twitter, Musk has mused about potential inventions that could help the trapped soccer team, including a miniature submarine made from part of a SpaceX rocket.

The second group of four rescued on Monday are aged 12 to 14.

Officials heading the rescue operation had said they were preparing a third rescue mission.

MAE SAI, THAILAND-Divers have begun the third phase of the rescue of a youth soccer team trapped for more than two weeks in a flooded cave in northern Thailand and aim to bring out the last four boys and their coach Tuesday, the top rescue official said.

As we enter the day three of the Thai cave rescue mission, the public health permanent secretary Dr Jesada Chokedamrongsuk, from the Ministry of Public Health and Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital, spoke to the media this morning (local time) about the health of the eight boys who have been rescued so far.

A doctor and three SEALS who had stayed with the footballers would also come out on Tuesday, he added.

Nadal ends seven-year wait, return to Wimbledon quarter-finals
Roger Federer cruised into yet another Wimbledon quarter-final with one of the most straightforward wins of his career on Monday. It's the first time Isner, 33, has reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals, and it is just his second quarterfinal at a major.

The boys had asked for chocolate and bread, both of which the hospital had provided, he said.

Two boys have minor lung infections and one had a fever, doctors have said.

He added that all four boys from the first rescued group could now eat normal foods, though nothing spicy.

He said they would need to keep at least 2 metres away from their boys for at least 48 hours, until "we are sure there is no infection, then they can visit them normally".

They had been stranded there since June 23 when heavy rain and rising waters left them trapped.

"Even though their equipment is technologically sophisticated, it doesn't fit with our mission to go in the cave".

Johnny Depp Sued for Alleged Assault on 'City of Lies' Set
During an April 2017 shoot in downtown Los Angeles, Brooks said he told Depp that he had only one shot left at completing a scene. Brooks said he didn't do anything, and then eventually, the bodyguards and security workers had to remove Depp from the set.

The identity of the rescued boys has not been confirmed by authorities. Mini-sub is ready if needed.

Related news