Divers prepare to resume Thai cave rescue

Divers prepare to resume Thai cave rescue

Divers prepare to resume Thai cave rescue

The second shift of the rescue effort to evacuate the trapped soccer team saw a team of 18 Thai and global divers guide four boys about 2 1/2 miles to the cave's entrance using a 3-mile rope on Monday.

Citing a former SEAL diver with the Thai Navy, the BBC reported that some of the boys were asleep, while others were "groggy".

Minh expressed his hope that all members of the football team will recover quickly and soon meet their family members.

A third rescue operation to bring out the remaining four boys and their football coach from a flooded cave in Thailand has begun. Divers tried to train them with basic diving skills as a part of mission to extract them from the flooded cave after they were found on July 2.

Last week, Musk sent engineers from two of his companies, SpaceX and Boring Co., to assist Thai officials in the rescue effort, which comprises a large team of global diving, engineering and medical experts, among other professionals.

May Day: Trump blasts British prime minister ahead of meeting
But after talks with Mrs May he claimed "tremendous things" he said about her had been left out of the Sun story. Trump , as he has before, criticized London's mayor, Sadiq Khan , as having "done a very bad job on terrorism".

Thai Navy SEALS on Monday proudly announced their latest successful extraction of four youth soccer players trapped in a cave by adopting the U.S. Navy's "Hooyah!" "We can see that everything is ok as they're eating well", he said. Eight boys were rescued in two separate missions and brought to a hospital in the nearby city of Chiang Rai all in good condition, according to public health officials.

The dry weather allowed workers to pump nearly a foot of water from flooded portions of the cave to help in the complicated and unsafe rescue.

But the early signs were promising, with X-rays and blood tests showing just two had signs of pneumonia and that they were in a "normal state" after taking antibiotics, Jedsada said.

"Although his technology is good and sophisticated, it's not practical for this mission", Narongsak said of Musk's mini-sub.

Officials involved in the rescue of the soccer team from the Tham Luang cave complex have politely declined to deploy the submarine brought over by Tesla CEO Elon Musk to assist with the extraction of the kids.

Johnson & Johnson shares dip after massive talcum powder judgment
The jury reached a unanimous verdict Thursday to award compensatory damages for 22 plaintiffs that averaged US$25 million apiece. However, there are experts who are still concerned about the safety of talc today, despite new asbestos-free formulas.

He said they would need to keep at least two metres away for their boys for at least 48 hours, until "we are sure there is no infection, then they can visit them normally".

The boys remain in quarantine but some of their parents have been able to see their children through the glass.

Jesada said they were uncertain what type of infections the boys could face "because we have never experienced this kind of issue from a deep cave".

The worldwide soccer federation, FIFA, had already invited the boys to attend the World Cup final in Russia this Sunday.

Papa John’s founder resigns over racist slur during conference call
Schnatter was eventually forced to step down as CEO, but he remained chairman of the board and the face of the brand. The pizza chain saw its shares fall as much as 5.9 percent on Wednesday as the reports about Schnatter emerged.

Related news