Iran urges global action on Saudi war crimes in Yemen

Iran urges global action on Saudi war crimes in Yemen

Iran urges global action on Saudi war crimes in Yemen

ICRC said one of the hospitals it supports was treating the wounded.

The airstrike hit a bus that was ferrying civilians, including many school children, the elders said, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.

"Scores killed, even more injured, most under the age of 10", Johannes Bruwer, head of delegation for the ICRC in Yemen, said in a further Twitter post.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), an outspoken critic of the United States' support for the Saudi coalition, expressed fury over the attack and demanded once again that lawmakers end their complicity in the war.

He said the rebels have "ballistic missiles threatening our national security, Saudi cities and villages on the border".

An official in Saada's medical office, who wished to remain anonymous, told Middle East Eye the air strikes killed 47 people with 77 more wounded, and that number was likely to rise.

Mourinho doesn't envisage Yerry Mina at Manchester United
It's true of just about anything in life- when you're standing still, you're actually falling behind. I'm just not sure, they've got themselves in a situation now where they're desperate.

Global aid agencies denounced the attack and the loss of civilian lives.

The bus was struck as it was driving through a market in the rebel-held province of Saada, according to the Houthi-run Al-Masirah TV.

"Today's attack in Saada was a legitimate military operation. and was carried out in accordance with global humanitarian law", the Arabic-language statement said.

"The coalition will take all necessary measures against the terrorist, criminal acts of the terrorist Iranian-Houthi militia, such as recruiting child soldiers, throwing them in battlefields and using them as tools and covers to their terrorist acts", Col Al Malki said.

Fragments from a missile launched at the Jizan Industrial City in southern Saudi Arabia late on Wednesday killed one Yemeni civilian and wounded 11, Saudi state media said earlier on Thursday.

It accused the Saudi-led coalition fighting the Shiite rebels on the side of the government of hitting the bus in an air strike.

United were 'suspicious' of signing Diego Godin for one reason
Godin is the new addition to the list of center-backs Manchester United have failed to sign this season. Though the Uruguay worldwide was flattered by United's interest he has opted to stay at Atletico.

Turki al-Maliki said the kingdom's air defense had intercepted a ballistic missile fired by the Houthi rebels at a densely populated civilian area in Jizan, according to the Saudi Press Agency.

Thursday's attack marks a grim milestone in a war that lately has seen yet another escalation, as coalition-backed Yemeni government forces have made a recent push to reclaim the key port city of Hodeidah from rebels.

Saudi Arabia and Sunni Muslim allies intervened in Yemen's war in 2015 against the Houthis, who control the most populous areas of Yemen, including the capital Sanaa, and drove the internationally recognized government into exile in 2014.

The United States called on the Saudi-led coalition to launch an investigation into the events that unfolded in Yemen on Thursday.

The coalition denied responsibility for those attacks.

So far, almost 10,000 people have died in the war in Yemen, which has unleashed what the United Nations describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

Indonesia's Lombok hit by another strong quake
A field hospital has also been established near an evacuation centre catering to more than 500 people in the village of Tanjung. Authorities are still searching through the rubble left behind on Lombok Island, still hoping to find survivors.

"It's hard to believe we live in a world where children should live in fear of such attacks, yet here we are", she added.

Related news